Rainy and overcast, the skies briefly let a little sunshine through in the late afternoon of Thursday, March 24, 2011. And I spotted a welcome little tulip showing its head near my sister's mailbox. Was quite surprised, also, to find her dogwood tree in full earliest bloom, while, in my own back yard, to my delight, a dandelion was launching its seeds on their gossamer parachutes into the stiff breeze.
With the clearing skies, the temperature fell to 32 degrees F. (0 degrees C.) that night.
It's pretty early for dogwood winter, and the redbuds are also in bloom, but I haven't seen any blackberry blossoms yet.




The dandelion picture is my favorite here. Exciting photography -- the spent dandelion and the one ready to launch its seeds.
ReplyDeleteThanks a million for your comment, Sis. The dandelion picture is one of my own favorites.
ReplyDeleteThey're beautiful little composites, golden yellow blossoms scattered all through my green lawn. But they're just as lovely delicately going to seed.
Borrowing from Robert Browning, I would entitle the dandelion picture:
ReplyDelete"The last of life for which the first was made."
Sis, what a beautifully apt thought!
ReplyDelete