Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Who Goes Walking at 7:00 in the Morning?

Today, I got a late start and was still dawdling around snapping pictures of roses at 7:00 a.m., when who should come lunging over to greet me but Pebbles! She didn't really have her ears laid back, as appears in this photo -- the wind of her swift passage blew them back. She was really quite friendly, even though not so well-behaved as her owner would have liked.

Pebbles, Eager to Greet Everyone

I'd seen her from a distance on other mornings, but this time I had the opportunity to ask permission to take her picture, which the owner readily granted me. Here she's just checking out a trail invisible to us humans:

Pebbles

And now she's telling us all that she's ready to move on:

Pebbles Moving On

On the other side of the campus, over half an hour later, I met Sammy and his owner -- my first ever encounter with those two. Both of them were also very friendly and so I got permission to photograph Sammy.

His owner and I exchanged names, and she said that Sammy, like the Buddha, is friends with everyone. When I asked, in bantering mode, if perhaps Sammy were an incarnation of the Buddha, I got an appreciative laugh. "Yes," she said, "he's Neo-Buddha." I'm invited to visit them next Saturday, since they live only a few blocks from me.

So, heeere's Sammy!

Sammy

And Sammy moving on:

Sammy Moving On

No comments:

Post a Comment