Monday, September 10, 2007

Toting a Starry Night



Yesterday I made this photo of my tote bag, hanging from a hall door knob, for easy access. This beautiful print on canvas of Vincent Van Gogh's painting, "Starry Night," is a conversation starter wherever I carry it.

In the line waiting to vote, fans of Van Gogh commented on it to me.  More than one clerk at a check-out counter when I'm grocery shopping has said to me, "Oh, I love Van Gogh's paintings."

And the last time I shipped a package, the post office worker helping me said, "Where did you get that? I love 'Starry Night.'"

I bought the tote in the gift shop at the Parthenon Museum, after viewing an exhibition of Impressionist paintings there several years ago.

"Starry Night" had been one of my favorites, ever since I took an art survey course while working on my master's degree in elementary education, in the winter of  1958.

No comments:

Post a Comment