Monday, January 22, 2007

Worth Reading: "How to Operate the Shower Curtain," by Ian Frazier

Speaking of passing showers:
While I was trying to use my own 
this morning, this great set of
instructions by Ian Frazier came 
into my mind.

http://www.newyorker.com/shouts/content/articles/070108sh_shouts

It's also from the January 8, 2007,
The New Yorker magazine, to which
I pointed you in an earlier post.  What
a great issue that was!

If you know Ian Frazier, you may
have already seen it. If you haven't
seen it, you know that you're in for
a treat.

If you don't know Ian Frazier, I think
you also are in for a treat. However,
he may be an acquired taste.

Please post a comment, and tell me
whether you like him or not.

Of course, those who shower without
curtains will most likely not be
interested.

For them, I promise a later tale of
taking showers with cats.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Thanks for the link Mary. I enjoyed the article and now feel safe approaching the bathroom, confident that I can cope with whatever my shower curtain throws at me.

    Particularly liked the line about the mildew being less toxic than some foreign cheeses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Richie,
    Thanks for the comment!

    Glad to know you found Ian Frazier helpful.

    One thing: shower curtains dislike for you to drink coffee or eat food near them.

    Maybe they think you're putting down their offering of mildew.

    They share this aversion --to coffee--with keyboards.

    Now I'm headed over to your place to see how the Smart People in a Stupid World are doing this morning.

    Off to:
    http://smartpeopleinastupidworld.blogspot.com/

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mary,

    How are things? Did you have any success with the RSS Feeds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Richie!

    Things are going great. One more day before the predicted ice-snow event here.

    About the RSS feeds:

    They're just fine, when I click on a page to see them.

    But,

    1) I still don't receive the notification e-mails which were promised when I signed up at that blog burner site.

    2) I can't figure a way to change the icon on my own blog site from Atom to the inclusive icon. But then, maybe I don't really need to.

    About Richie:

    Perhaps your girl-friend will read your yesterday's blog and post a suggestion!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, as regards number 2, you don't need to hide the atom feed, people can sign up to your blog from either one. And for number one, I'm not sure what you mean by notification emails.

    I have a my yahoo page and I get my blog feeds there. I haven't actually tried to get email notification. I just go to my yahoo and I can see which blogs have been updated with no new content.

    It's possible that my girlfriend has read my blog, in which case I'm sure it's got me a few brownie points!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Richie,

    As regards number 2, many thanks.

    As regards number 1, perhaps I misunderstood the information at the burn blogger page.

    This is my first time to do RSS feeds. They show up on my Google account page.

    I normally don't do websites. Until this year, I did everything with e-mails and e-mail mailing lists.

    Then I joined a forum and had to learn about posting on websites and using HTML facilities. Not much, but a little.

    And then I got this blog.

    So much fun--but somewhat of a challenge.

    As regards your girlfriend, hooray for your brownie points!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete