Monday, June 9, 2014
"We do it in post."
The eleven images in the June gallery of Dierk Haasis are linked by the common theme of "We do it in post." Each image was completed in the post-processing of the photo as it was originally shot.
Dierk explained this in the commentary with which he accompanied his June 1 posting of the link to the gallery on his Facebook page:
"Die zehn Bilder der Galerie in diesem Monat wurden alle erst im Post-processing, der digitalen Dunkelkammer, das, was sie sein sollten. Die Fotos waren das technische Ausgangsmaterial für das Bild, das ich im Kopf hatte, aber vor Ort so nicht erreichen konnte."*
* Dierk has just noted in a comment to my sharing of his link: "It's actually 11 images - Facebook shows an older version of the excerpt."
An approximate translation from the German would be: "The ten images in the gallery this month all first became what they should be during post processing in the digital darkroom. The photos were the technical material for the image I had in my head but could not achieve from that location."
(I don't trust my skills in reading German to attempt a translation without help, but with the help of LEO, plus a look at Google Translate and Bing, I think I'm able to give a passable English rendition of the text.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment