Sunday, December 30, 2012
T.S. Eliot's Jellicle Cats
Go here to read this delightful poem, from "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats." In their youth, I think that my niece's Roo-cat and my own M&M were of the Jellicle persuasion. Roo has departed this year to whatever new feline locale she has chosen, and M&M can now only leap and dance in her own imagination, because in her old age she has grown too heavy for her own aged joints and muscles to accomplish more than limited jumping about.
Note, by the way, that "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats" was the basis of the 1981-1982 hit musical "Cats."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


A beautiful cat. I'm sure there must be a feline heaven filled with indestructible birds and mice. Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteOh, Celia, I'm sure of that feline heaven, too. And I wish you a very Happy New Year also. Many thanks for the thoughtful comment.
ReplyDelete